Welcome to Lancaster Catholic High School! As International Student Coordinator, I, Anne Weiss, will work with you and our school counselor to help you achieve academic success. In addition to teaching two classes and tutoring one-on-one with individuals and small groups, I facilitate the Global Group Club, assist with college essay writing, process I-20s, and work with agencies and host parents.
Lancaster Catholic has been fortunate to welcome and share culture with students from many countries across the globe. Over the last decade, we have experienced an ever-increasing desire of students to join our community, which has led us to further develop our International Program. International students who have been most successful in our school are interested in becoming full, active participants in our community—both academically and socially.
International Student Integration Assistance
Lancaster Catholic recognizes that there are numerous adjustments that must be made for a student who is entering the academic and social situations that are often quite different than those in their native countries. In order to better facilitate this integration, we require that all new International students participate in the International Bridge class and Bridge English.
- International Bridge class: This class focuses on acclimation to the US and to LCHS utilizing grammar, pronunciation, and research skills. Students will also be introduced to Catholic Christian beliefs.
- English class: This class focuses on reading, writing, and understanding of literature.
International Student Medical Insurance
Please be advised that all international students who study at Lancaster Catholic High School must establish and maintain suitable medical insurance coverage and be prepared to provide proof of coverage at any time. Issues regarding medical coverage must be handled by the student’s parents or agency. Lack of insurance may be grounds for dismissal from Lancaster Catholic High School.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition for our International students in the 2016-17 school year will be $14,000, which covers the full cost of education. This payment is arranged through the agency, not the school directly. There is also a registration fee of $200 for new international students, a $200 technology fee, and a $325 processing fee for first-year international students.
International students interested in applying to Lancaster Catholic High School should submit all documentation through their agency. The following information is required:
- Lancaster Catholic High School Application for Admission
- Transcripts from other schools attended, from home country of origin and/or study abroad
- Agency-specific documentation
- English language proficiency tests:
- Students who are not from English-speaking countries are expected to submit scores from an English proficiency test (TOEFL, TOEFL Jr, SLATE or IELTS) with their application. The test needs to be taken within six months of applying for admission.
- TOEFL (recommended for 11th and 12th grade applicants)
- 9th grade: 45
- 10th grade: 55
- 11th grade: 65
- 12th grade: 75+
- TOEFL Jr (recommended for 9th and 10th grade applicants)
- 9th grade: 700
- 10th grade: 750
- 9th grade: 3.5+
- 10th grade: 4.0+
- 11th grade: 4.5+
- 12th grade: 5.0+
After receiving all required information, LCHS will evaluate the applicant. A Skype interview will be the final step for students who are being considered for admission.
Acceptance to LCHS
If your application is approved, we will issue an I-20 form and send an acceptance package to your agency.
Submit the following before or when you arrive to LCHS:
- Health form (completed by physician)
- PIAA form (only for students who want to participate in sports)
- International student contract (signed by natural parents and student)
- Ipad consent form (signed by natural parents and students)
For More Information, Please Contact:
International Student Coordinator
Lancaster Catholic High School
650 Juliette Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17601
717.509.0315 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org