AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
**A FEW IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR PARENTS FOR THE UPCOMING 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR**
- In keeping with the PA Department of Health guidelines, please make sure all student immunizations are up to date before the first day of school. INCOMING SENIORS should receive, or should have already received their 2nd MCV(Meningitis) vaccine, in addition to all other required childhood immunizations. Please schedule necessary doctor appointments over the summer months, to avoid your child having to be sent home until immunizations are up to date. Whenever an immunization is administered, please see that the School Nurse receives a copy of the form indicating that a vaccine was given. This will assure that records are accurately updated and that you will not receive any unnecessary notices.
- If you would like your child to receive over-the-counter medications (ie: Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Advil, Benadryl etc..) as needed for headaches, menstrual cramps, etc.., please complete the form found on the school website below. The permission form for “NON-PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION” is just a checklist that you decide what your child may receive during the course of the school day, and then a parent or guardian signature is required. This saves a great deal of time and avoids a phone call home for a verbal permission should the student come in with a headache or minor pain.
- If your student will be receiving any prescription medication during the school day, you will find a form for “PRESCIPTION MEDICATION”. This form will need to be completed and signed by a physician and returned with the medication to be administered, in its original bottle, with the pharmacy label clearly identifying the drug, it’s strength and how it should be administered. Any prescription medication sent in an alternate bottle, container or plastic baggie, will not be given and will be returned to the parent.
- All students entering grade 11, will need to have a physical exam completed prior to the first day of school. Please schedule appointments accordingly over the summer months. Please send completed physical forms in to the school nurse.
- If your 11th grader is an athlete and will be having a PIAA physical exam performed, this will satisfy the mandatory junior requirement. Please send in a copy of this form to the school nurse, as well as the athletic dept.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the nurse at Sherman@lchsyes.org
Thank you and have a relaxing summer!
Ms. Herman, School Nurse