Chess Nuts is Lancaster Catholic High School's chess club. We welcome all ability levels, from those who have never played chess before to those who have a national ranking. The Chess Nuts Club is internal, the Chess Nuts Competition Team travels to other schools in the Lancaster Scholastic Chess League.
Chess Nuts Club
- Open to all ability levels, from those who have never played chess before to those who have a national ranking.
- Meets Mondays and Wednesdays after school in room 10.
- No dues
Chess Nuts Competition Team
- Open to anyone who is interested in playing people from other schools; even those starting the year having never played chess before will be ready to participate.
- We are part of the Lancaster Scholastic Chess League (LSCL) which includes teams from Ephrata, Hempfield, Lancaster Catholic, Lancaster Country Day, Lancaster Mennonite, Manheim Township, Penn Manor, and Warwick.
- Dues of $25 are required for registration in the LSCL
- League matches occur from after Thanksgiving to the middle of February, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:30 pm.
- Home matches take place in room 10, players are expected to be present by 3:30 pm.
- We leave for away matches at 3:15 pm and will be back by 7:00 pm, often sooner.
Tactics and Puzzles