Scholarships at Lancaster Catholic
Unique opportunities are available for incoming 9th graders:
Dennis M. Cook '86 Memorial Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded to an incoming freshman student who has shown an aptitude for studies, has made a positive impact in his/her current school and/or community, and has a strong personal desire for a Lancaster Catholic education but lacks the financial resources necessary to pay tuition.
The recipient of the Dennis M. Cook '86 Memorial Scholarship will be selected by Mrs. Judith G. Cook, Dennis' mother, in consultation with LCHS personnel. Students interested in applying for the Dennis M. Cook '86 Memorial Scholarship must submit an essay describing the following:
- Why he/she would like to attend Catholic High
- What extra-curricular activity/activities he/she might pursue during their time at Catholic High
- How the student plans to make a positive impact on the Catholic High community
- Why the student feels he/she would make a good candidate for this award
Shirley A. Bielmyer ‘60 Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded to an incoming freshman student who has shown an aptitude for studies and has a strong personal desire for a Lancaster Catholic education but lacks the financial resources necessary to pay full tuition. He/she will be a regular church attendee and active in parish life. This student will endeavor to maintain a “B” average while involving himself/herself in the school community by participating in a minimum of one extra-curricular activity.
Recipients of the Shirley A. Bielmyer ’60 Scholarship will be selected in consultation with Shirley A. Bielmyer. Students interested in applying for this scholarship must upload an essay describing why he/she would like to attend Catholic High and what extra-curricular activity/activities he/she would pursue. In addition, a letter of recommendation from the student’s pastor needs to be mailed to Catholic High.
Recognizing excellence in our young people, we are pleased to provide the following scholarship opportunities for freshmen who excel in the following areas:
Top 5 applicants with the best overall academic achievement levels as indicated by their cumulative grades and standardized test scores will automatically be considered for a scholarship.
Excellence in Education Awards (Merit-based application and corresponding essay must be completed.)
- Excellence in Mathematics
- Excellence in Science
- Excellence in English
- Excellence in History
- Excellence in Religion
- Excellence in Technology
- Excellence in Music
- Excellence in Art
- Excellence in Theatre
- Commitment to Community Service
- Commitment to Catholic Faith and Life
- Families may apply for the need-based scholarships each year by completing and submitting the FACTS application. Priority is given to Catholic families who are active in their parish.
- Scholarships applications can be submitted in your Admissions Portal by Tuesday, February 1st for consideration.
Transfer Tuition Grant Available for Incoming Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors
Students who transfer from a public or private school into 10th, 11th, or 12th grade can qualify to receive a Transfer Tuition Grant. The student will receive $2,000 in their first year and $1,000 in their second year.
- The Tuition Transfer Grant applies only to students entering 10th through 12th grade who transfer from:
- Any other school in the region
- In the first year of enrollment, families eligible for the Tuition Transfer Grant would receive:
- $2,000 tuition reduction.
- In their second year of enrollment (applies only to 10th and 11th-grade students) families eligible for the Tuition Transfer Grant would receive:
- $1,000 tuition reduction.
- The Tuition Transfer Grant will accrue and be applied in equal monthly increments from September to June for students who remain enrolled and current with tuition payments. The grants apply only to tuition charges for eligible, currently enrolled students at Lancaster Catholic High School and are not transferable nor redeemable in cash.
Please review the Newmann Scholarship guidelines below.